A random idea is random! Depending on the responses I get, this could either be a fun, unconventional way of meeting new people or a fast ticket to blogosphere loserdom.
Do you want to be more awesome and watch Avenue Q before everyone else can? Do you want to be even more awesome and watch Avenue Q before everyone else with a hot girl? Well now is your chance to make that happen!
What the hell?
I have an extra ticket to the Thursday (Sept. 6) show of Avenue Q, courtesy of the awesome Anton. It shall be at the RCBC Plaza Makati, 7 pm. And I want you to go with me!
Date me? No? kkz.
It’s very simple! If you are a single male blogger between the ages of 21-29 based in the Philippines (sry, I don’t have the funds to fly you out here :P), all you have to do is answer a very easy question: Why should Lauren watch Avenue Q with me?
So as to avoid bias or whatever, I am letting my best friend Kristel pick out my date for me. She doesn’t scare easy so feel free to answer the question in any way you want. (Hint: we’re both suckers for self-deprecating humor. Especially me.)
E-mail your answers to email@example.com with the following information listed below.
- Your name
- Your blog URL
- Your cellphone number and YM handle
- A photo of yourself if your blog doesn’t have one
- Subject of the e-mail should be “Lauren’s Avenue Q Contest” so Kristel doesn’t get confused.
- Again, you MUST answer the question: Why should Lauren watch Avenue Q with me?
Deadline of all contest submissions is at 4:00 pm, September 5. Teh winner shall be contacted through text and/or YM.
This guy could be you!
So what’s the catch?
I shall only be asking two things from the winner:
1) Show up on time
2) Write a review of Avenue Q in your blog. You don’t really have to say that you watched it with me, although a mention would be kind of nice. :P
3) Number three is optional but it would be much appreciated. Please don’t be creepy afterwards?
Oh, and I don’t actually have the tickets with me right now. Anton says to just kind of show up at the RCBC Theater at 7 pm. So if it turns out that there are no free tickets, or there’s just one free ticket and none for you, I’m buying you dinner. You pick where (but nowhere expensive, k?).
I’m harmless! Really!
But why should I go on a date with you?
1) I’m very easy to talk to. As long as you have a triple-digit IQ and can speak the English language fluently, I think we’ll get along fine. I can spew word vomit on a variety of topics – music, movies, books, philosophy, the environmental problems plaguing the state of Montana. Alternately, I’m also a very good listener. But be warned–I can smell bullshit from a mile away.
2) I’m low-maintenance and independent. Don’t have a car? No problem – I can hop on a train or hail a cab and meet you wherever.
3) I’m not that creepy. If I have a good time, you don’t need to worry about waking up to 25 missed calls and 10 text messages from me where I swear my undying love to you and insist that our children be named Talulah and Amadeus.
So go! Send those emails! Now! It’ll be fun. Promise. xDGoogle+